1. What should I do if I have tickets booked but am testing positive for COVID -19?
You need to follow Public Health England’s guidance and not visit The Tung Auditorium if you have contracted COVID-19, this is important for the health and safety of our audiences, performers and staff. Please see Liverpool City Council’s website for the latest advice and guidance here.
2. Will I have to wear a mask when I am sat in the auditorium?
In line with current Government and University guidance, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask whilst in the building, including throughout performances in the auditorium, unless exempt.
3. What health and safety measures have you put in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
We take the health and safety of our audiences and staff very seriously. We have put in place measures in the building, read more on our COVID-19 guidance page.
4. Do you offer ticket concessions?
Yes, please see our How to book page for details.
5. When is the building open?
The building is currently open to the public for Box Office counter sales from 11am to 1pm Wednesday to Friday, and then usually an hour before the performance time.
6. Can I bring a drink into the auditorium?
No food or drink except bottled water may be taken into The Tung Auditorium.
7. Do you have a cloakroom?
There is no cloakroom facility available at The Tung Auditorium. Large bags are not allowed within the auditorium. Small bags may be subject to searches upon entry.
8. What’s the difference between the Yoko Ono Lennon Centre and The Tung Auditorium?
The Yoko Ono Lennon Centre is the building, situated on the corner of Oxford Road and Grove Street in Liverpool. The Tung Auditorium is the concert hall which is within the Centre.
9. Who is The Tung Auditorium named after?
The Tung Foundation, after whom the Auditorium is named, are leading philanthropic donors and alumni of the University whose transformational gift contributed significantly to the success of the fundraising campaign.
If you have any further questions that we have not answered, please contact us.